Teuchter has tagged me on the question of why I blog, and I’m happy to try my hand at answering them (in between wrestling with the complexities of software distribution).
- I like writing. When I write, my thoughts seem to come alive. Writing helps me to make my mind up about things. I’m an introvert, so thinking on my feet doesn’t always work so well. So, if you ever want a decision from me, give me a couple of hours, a laptop and Internet connection.. (only joking – well, almost).
- It’s a good way to stay in contact with friends. I am lucky to have Internet friends who have a lot to say about the world we live in. What’s fascinating is that they often have very different interests to me – so much for the Internet limiting everyone only to their own narrow obsessions.
- I have had some spare time in the recent past to blog. With a new job imminent in the near future, this may well change. If my future blogs start waxing on about supply chain management and business process re-engineering, shoot me quickly.
- Judging by the amount of times I check out the WordPress stats page, I must secretly crave celebrity! That’s me folks: yet another cheese eating recognition monkey.. Anyway, I’m so far down the Long Tail it’ll be a cold day in hell before I become a household name..
- I blame this guy. He launched an online community back in 1999, and I took to it like a duck to water. I became a blogger last year when it seemed to me that h2g2 was not keeping up with the times. Anyway, I wanted a place to show off my photos.
So, in strict compliance with the laws of memespace it stands to me to pass this question on to the following three lucky people:
- Ophelia, who is one of my blogging friends that I have met a few times in real life.
- Edward: this man always has something fascinating to say, even if he doesn’t like U2..
- Azahar: She has sold me, lock, stock and barrel on Seville.
Oh yes, and anyone else who wants to give this a go, I’d love to hear why you blog!